Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Catch Up


I have some serious catching up to do. So, lets begin....

First of all, we have been having some great times with our neighbors, the Meline family. I just thought it would be appropriate to post a picture of most of us (Austin, their oldest of 7, was taking the picture). Mother Becky has an abnormal amount of energy (I think it is unhealthy). She just ran the Boston Marathon. Who does that with 7 kids!??!? Maybe she'll rub off on me....



My parents, Blake, and his friend, Aimee, came up for a Saturday adventure. We spent some time at the farmer's market, had some yummy lunch and discovered a very cool candy and soda pop shop called Rocket Fizz.








The Lienwebers or Leinwbers (after 5 years, I still haven't learned how to spell their name) came for a great visit! We had a great time watching Conference together. Katie was in heaven with her MerriLien.







The whole family at the Ventura Pier (notice the crab in Michael's hand).

The happy couple.

Alrighty. Next we have Haylie. When we moved here, she was a 1st grader. I went to enroll the girls in the neighborhood school, and was informed that they had no room for a 1st grader. No room!?!? I thought they had to make room, but apparently not. So, the school said she would need to attend another school in the district. That school had no room for a kindergartner (Katie). So, to make a long story short, and to avoid having my kids at 2 different school, we decided to make Haylie a 2nd grader. She has done really well! She has had to work extra hard in math, but even in that she is doing great.


Haylie and Mrs. Moore


Dodgers Game. Fun times with Becky and Patrick.


4 comments:

TFL said...

Great post. You are sure mrs popular...you have lots of visitors! I love your blonde hair.

kkendig said...

first off, why haven't we seen you guys yet? i feel like we saw more of you when you lived far away.

does hailey go to third grade next year? i am having the same problem with getting allie into school. hopefully it works out. i don't think she will do to well in first grade without kindergarten.

we need to get together. call us the next time you are in the area.

Missy said...

I had no idea that schools could just say they didn't have room!?! So glad she is doing well, and that they go to the same school too.

And holy smokes on your spaghetti dinner. Way to go Kimmie!!

Popper and Al-Pal said...

Weird! I don't remember the ball game at all! And "Becky" doesn't ring a bell either!

Man alive, I've nener seen such an enormous quantity of salad! Way to go!