Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Too Bad You're Not a Girl

Trevor is seriously out numbered around here, and is going to be for quite a while! I never had any sisters, so once we found out that Haylie was a girl, all I cared about was that she got a sister -- and now she has 2!

Tonight after dinner we were clearing the table and Haylie really wanted to watch the music video of "Love Story" from Taylor Swift. We turned it on and all of us girls started to sing along and dance while Daddy did dishes. We were having so much fun and poor Daddy was working away! One of the big girls turned to Trevor and said, very matter-of-factly, "Too bad you're not a girl!" It was pretty funny (not quite as funny to the reader, I am sure).

Speaking of things that "it's too bad" you're not....poor Audra is not a school girl or a worker. Each morning when the big kids/Daddy leave, she tries to get ready like they do, in hopes that she'll slip out the door with them and I won't notice.




6 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Trust me, it was pretty funny to the reader. I love how innocent and honest their minds are, they say it how it is. Sometimes, it's just nice to be a girl. As for your little sneaker-outer there...that's so sweet. I had Caleb sneak into the back of my SUV one day. I got about 25 minutes away from home before I heard a little movement back there and realized it was him!

The Huefner Clan said...

Love your latest posts. Audra is too cute, and Trevor does dishes after coming home from work, watching you all dance and having fun...he's a keeper! :)

The Huefner Clan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

poor audra!
I am so glad that you have 3 girls. having sisters is the best! Sorry you don't have sisters but having awesome cousins is a close second :)

Lindsay Cahoon said...

Poor Audra. Maybe now that she is 2 you should just give in and let her get a job.

Karin Hopkins said...

Gotta love girls!! So funny that you guys are in Camarillo....thats where Greg and I met (My family lived at Pt. Mugu while my Dad was stationed at a base down in Santa Monica). Hope you're liking it...I miss it terribly down there!! Especially the outlets, beaches and weather!!