Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Camping, Cruising and Catching Up

My friend Anna and I took our kids camping at Garner State Park in October. She home schools too, so it worked out swimmingly. It was beautiful, quiet and we enjoyed wonderful weather.

The Rio Frio -- and it is one frio river. But we had a great time swimming and swinging from the big tree swing.

A deer wandered into our camp! There were lots of deer, skunks and armadillos.




Purdy.



Enjoying a snack on a cool tree on the river.




Hiking. The kids were troopers. At one point we got attacked by bees, but other than that, it was a great hike!



Coryann, Haylie and Brook

A couple of days after we got home from camping, my wonderful Mom flew out to watch our kids while Trevor and I went on a cruise for our 10 year anniversary. We went to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We had so much fun!






The water in the Caribbean is amazing. I saw shades of blue that I didn't even know existed!



This made me super nervous!




Jamaica


One of our Thanksgiving high lights was having the BYU basketball team play in a tournament in South Padre Island. It's been a long time since I've seen that many members of the church in one place! BYU won!




Last week our sweet friends the Leinwebers came out from Plumas Lake to pay us a visit. It was so fun to have a taste of home.

Last year Merrilee got Michael and Trevor matching PJs for Christmas. These boys live to watch sports together, while ingesting every type of junk food known to man. And that's exactly what they did.....



And now, my friends, you are up to date. More to come...tomorrow Haylie turns nine!!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Love the update. Miss my girlies :(

Melissa + Brett said...

I keep checking back for updates. Glad to see you finally blogged again. :) I LOVE your girlies Christmas dresses and picture. SOOOOOOOO CUTE!