Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

The girls always open PJ's on Christmas Eve, and this year was no different. I always love how sweet and cuddly they look in new pajamas. Here they are, on their way to bed in anticipation of Santa's visit!


I was having camera issues, so I didn't get a ton of good pictures on Christmas morning.

I decided I was going to cheat on everything for Christmas dinner because our family is small and our kids are really bad eaters. I just didn't see the point in going to all the work of making a big meal. I bought a pre-cooked prime rib, Country Crock mashed potatoes, brown-n-serve rolls, gravy in a jar....you get the point. It was the nastiest meal I've ever had. I would rather fast next Christmas than eat what we had today.


Before we took our first bites.
Everyone was happy with their loot. Just another year in which I swore I would tone down Christmas, yet it only gets bigger. Next year, I'm revamping Christmas....really.

Favorite Gifts -

Haylie's - MP3 player and video camera
Katie's - Pillow Pet and "Junie B. Batman Smells" and "Junie B. Dumb Bunny" (both of which I am sure are amazing reads)
Audra's - Camera and a play phone with make-up

Too bad I didn't just present them with a list of 100 items before Christmas and ask them what their favorite things are. Instead, now we have 92 new pieces of junk, but only 6 that they really wanted. Yes, I am a grinch. I will say that it was fun watching them open all their presents. My personal fave was the kareoke machine. I'm trying to not take it personally that everytime it's my turn, everyone suddenly has things to do in the other room....

Merry Christmas to all!

7 comments:

Jan Moran said...

Merry Christmas to my Texan peeps! We love you and missed you a ton. The tomb just wasn't the same without you :( Looks like you did okay---except for the dinner. Sorry you couldn't share in Aunt Dori's yummy feast.

Lynette said...

Dear Cardons, Sorry your dinner was yucky. Ours was real yucky, too. We ordered take out turkey dinners from Marie Callendars. Don't ever waste your time or money on that!!! A frozen dinner would have been better. Oh well, Looking forward to next year. Come on 2011!!!

The Joslyn Family said...

Yea!! Congrats on baby news! I'm so happy for you, hope you are feeling well. Are you going to find out what you are having? Glad you guys had a good Christmas minus the dinner. You always crack me up with your comments!

the shaws said...

I can see it being Bacon and Egg
next year, love your blog.
Happy New Year.

Katie said...

If it makes you feel better we had ramen (aka curly noodles)and grilled cheese on Christmas Eve. Next year we should do Christmas together. If we work together I am sure we can come up with a decent meal:) Merry Christmas! The girls sure look cute in their pjs!

Missy said...

I'm laughing so hard that you would rather fast. Oh Kimmie, you are the greatest.

(I recognize those jammies, we had similar ones opened at our house on Christmas Eve:)

Jason & Claire said...

Cute family picture. I'm glad I'm not the only mom that has kids that don't care about me opening presents! Merry Christmas...in January.;)